Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
The PPA Manager will join a growing team with the main objective of negotiating and executing PPAs and other complex power off-take arrangements in APAC. The role requires good knowledge of the electricity markets including policies and regulations and renewable energy procurement arrangements in APAC. Experience with negotiating and contracting PPA structures will be required.
- Develop, negotiate and close term sheets and PPA, manage contract transaction execution including due diligence, negotiation, and post-closing oversight
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Collaborate closely with various teams including finance, legal, project development and management, technical solutions and engineering to ensure success in offtake deals
- Collaborate closely with external key stakeholders including legal counsels, lenders and consultants
- Working on multiple projects and transactions at any given time with multiple teams
- Support in market research analysis including assess and translate market competition, industry trends, emerging customer challenges and changes into market strategies
- Understand legal, regulatory and structuring concepts impacting customer and market development for renewable energy procurement
- Keep updated on policies and practices relating to environmental attribute certificates and international governance like RE100, SBTi and the GHG Protocol.
- 3-5 years related experience in renewable energy roles with proven track record of closing PPAs and offtakers engagement
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong experience with utility-scale energy procurement structures and transactions
- Energy markets knowledge with focus on solar energy - regulatory policies, rates and tariffs, electric transmission, solar generation and storage technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel (international and domestic)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal.
- Strong command of English.
- Working proficiency of a native language will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent negotiation and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and multi-tasking
We offer you
- A dynamic and diverse work environment with international colleagues.
- An open-minded and highly motivated team.
- A competitive and attractive remuneration.
- Group Medical Insurance Coverage.