Global Commodity Quality Assurance Manager (m/f/d)
The new sustainability: want to join a renewable energy pioneer? Our mission is to advance large-scale photovoltaic to meet the growing global demand for clean electricity. Come be a part of our success story!
- Manage our Global Commodity Quality Assurance approach on the Engineering side as one of the Engineering Technologies team´s main responsibilities and in close coordination with our Strategic Procurement.
- Ensure that QA/QC processes with respect to commodities are in place, maintained properly and reviewed/revisited periodically. Maintain appropriate documentation
- Work closely together with (a) Product Engineers for Modules, PCS, MMS (incl. Trackers), (b) Global Commodity Quality Assurance Engineer, (c) Engineering Managers and project teams
- Manage interfaces with manufacturers/suppliers and third-party testing laboratories/service providers for solar commodities (Modules, PCS and Substructure/Tracker)
- Analyse and assess the solar market to understand and evaluate the business impact of the latest innovations and developments in the industry.
- Research and propose testing methods/mechanisms to understand the performance and assure module/PCS quality.
- Draft testing annexes in consultation with third-party service providers considering international standards and best practices within the industry
- Frequently review and update the testing annexes to reflect changes in standards/norms and market developments
- Negotiate and agree on testing annex with individual suppliers/manufacturers for future projects
- Negotiate with Technical Advisors to define highly reliable, cost-effective and time-optimized testing regimes
- Advise the Procurement / Project Management teams about necessary testing regimes in order to ensure high-quality commodities are delivered to the projects.
- Initialize Purchase Orders for Quality Testing contracts based on production schedules provided by commodity suppliers/manufacturers
- Review and analyse third-party lab test results, factory audit reports, corrective action reports, conduct analyses on quality trends based on accumulated data and make assessment results available to the project teams and internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with suppliers to find out solutions and corrective measures in consultation with third-party service providers to improve/sort out issues during the production process
- Review the Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI) and Pre-Shipment Testing (PST) reports provided by the third-party services providers to understand the quality of the product produced for ib vogt projects.
- Continuously update the Project Management teams and the Technical Advisors about the commodity quality based on the reports provided by the third-party service providers
- At least seven years of professional experience working in supply chain in the field of large-scale solar power plants and experience in commodity quality assurance compliance with applicable internal and industry standards
- Knowledge of maintaining a robust QC strategy that matches with the overall company QA approach
- Experience in implementing QA/QC programs
- Academic degree in the field of SCM, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Good knowhow about characteristics of PV power plants and deeper understanding of techno-economic aspects of solar projects and latest market developments
- Understanding of and ability to apply norms/standards/regulations regarding the quality of PV power plant commodities
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Languages: English (native speaker or excellent command). Knowledge of German and/or another European language will be helpful.
We offer you
- 30 days of holiday
- Possibility to work flexibly
- A truly international working environment with colleagues from all over the world
- An open-minded, friendly and highly motivated team
- Interesting and challenging tasks in a growing future-oriented industry
- Very good opportunities for professional and personal development
- Competitive remuneration