E&S Manager, APAC
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
We are looking for a regional Environmental and Social Manager who will be working across our project portfolio in the APAC region, covering solar, battery storage and wind assets.
- Lead Environmental and Social aspects across ib vogt’s project portfolio in the APAC region
- Appraising the environmental, social and human rights impacts and risks of ib vogt projects, primarily against international requirements of e.g. IFC, EBRD, ILO, and Equator Principles.
- Defining and agreeing with ib vogt project staff, financing partners and clients on actions required to uphold the requirements of the Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards.
- Provide specialist advice on E&S due diligence queries pertaining to individual projects throughout the project cycle, including guidance on the application of policies relating to assessment and mitigation of social risks and impacts.
- Coordinate and advise on consultancy required work in relation to E&S risks and impacts (onsite and offsite). Lead and coordinate studies by E&S specialist on the integration of E&S requirements in impact assessment in collaboration with lenders.
- Provide specialist input in existing ib vogt project markets, for example guidance on practice under current safeguard provisions.
- Support the further advancement of ib vogt's E&S development policies, procedures and due diligence standards.
- Monitor, upkeep and update the ESG management systems ensuring that they are maintained, 'fit for purpose' and legally compliant.
- Conduct, identify and monitor E&S risk analysis of markets.
- Support and advise line management in all ESG objectives.
- Assist with EPC tender/submission documentation.
- Relevant degree in an appropriate field (e.g. sociology, social development practice, environmental studies, development studies, economics or another relevant discipline).
- Knowledge of international E&S requirements, practices and guidelines (e.g. IFC Performance Standard, World Bank's EHS Guidelines, Equator Principles, etc.).
- Relevant professional experience within an international development and/or financial institution, consultancy firm, fund, or corporate is required.
- Relevant knowledge of Environmental, Social or ESG Due Diligence.
- Experience of operating in international environments, including emerging markets in the APAC region.
- Experience in implementing & monitoring action plans and drafting E&S management plans.
- Demonstrable skills in managing and responding to external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Willingness to travel internationally as the role requires.
We offer you
- A competitive and attractive remuneration package
- Group Medical Insurance Coverage
- Dynamic and diverse work environment with international colleagues
- An open-minded and highly motivated team